STA Angelfish 1
Buoyancy aids may NOT be used, unless stated.
1. Be rescued by a reaching aid.
2. Perform a straddle entry and tread water for 30 seconds. If water too shallow, substitute
step entry and support scull for 30 seconds.
3. Push and glide into a forward somersault.
4. Scull head first for 5 metres and feet first for 5 metres.
5. Swim 15 metres of a recognised front stroke with correct breathing. (Learners first choice)
6. Swim 10 metres of front stroke with correct breathing. (Learners second choice)
7. Swim 20 metres of back crawl.
8. Swim 10 metres on the front, using dolphin leg kick, without aids
9. Start in a crouch position in the water, spring up before gliding to bottom of pool, then glide to surface.
10. Swim 5 metres of lifesaving backstroke without aids.